Pages

My Story

Growing up in conservative West Michigan, I watched lesbian and gay friends and family members struggle to be accepted and be treated equally. There are gains and losses in this fight every day, and it is vital for LGBT individuals and their straight allies to stand up and to pay attention.

15 April 2011

Day of Silence

Today is the Day of Silence, and in honor of that this will be a short post. 



Today I have taken a vow of silence. My silence represents LGBTQ individuals who have been silenced by bullying, harassment, intolerance, and even suicide.


The religious right, in protest, is hosting a Day of Dialogue so students can tell their peers "what the Bible really says about His redemptive design for marriage and sexuality."


This is big part of why I'm being silent today, because ignorance like that still exists in the world. 


What are you doing to end the silence?



No comments:

Post a Comment